Wednesday 14 March 2007

And not a stereotype in sight


This layout
from Utrech in The Netherlands is one of the best I've ever seen. The craftsmanship of everything I saw in it is exemplary. From the buildings I can recognise it seems that a group of my favourite Dutch builders have combined efforts on this and I sure hope they do it again.

While the buildings are of the highest calibre what really stands out for me is the attention to detail of the smaller MOCs. Some of the less obvious highlights include the wheelie bins, costuming, a car seat wagon, and the weathering on this barn.

There is a lack of good generic cars (although it's better than most) on the layout but that's like finding a pimple on a supermodel.

3 comments:

Soren said...

I'm still disappointed by the lack of a hash bar.

matty said...

There are two types of people I can't stand in this world: those who are intollerant of ther people's culture and the Dutch.

worker201 said...

Nice job on the Rietveld house. Be even better if they showed interiors. Pretty sure it's not next to a farm, though...